1870 – מילון גרמני-אנגלי
- January 1
- January 3 – Construction of the Brooklyn Bridge begins.
- January 6 – The Musikverein, Vienna, is inaugurated in Austria-Hungary.
- January 10 – John D. Rockefeller incorporates Standard Oil.
- January 15 – A political cartoon for the first time symbolizes the United States Democratic Party with a donkey ("A Live Jackass Kicking a Dead Lion" by Thomas Nast for Harper's Weekly).
- January 20 – vanishes at sea with all 177 aboard.
- January 23 – U.S soldiers attack a peaceful camp of Piegan Blackfoot Indians led by chief Heavy Runner in the Marias Massacre.
- January 26 – Reconstruction Era (United States): Virginia rejoins the Union.
- February – Denis Vrain-Lucas is sentenced to 2 years in prison for multiple forgery in Paris.
- February 1 – Goodna State School in Goodna, Queensland, Australia is founded.
- February 2 – It is revealed that the famed Cardiff Giant is just carved gypsum and not the petrified remains of a human.
- February 3 – The 15th Amendment to the United States Constitution, guaranteeing African-Americans the right to vote, is passed.
- February 9 – The Army Weather Bureau (within the Army Signal Corps) is created.
- February 10
- February 12 – Women gain the right to vote in Utah Territory.
- February 23 – Military control of Mississippi ends and it is readmitted to the Union.
- February 25 – Hiram Rhodes Revels, a Republican from Mississippi, is sworn into the United States Senate, becoming the first African American ever to sit in the U.S. Congress.
- February 26 – In New York City, the first pneumatic subway is opened, Beach Pneumatic Transit.
- February 26 – The German Commerzbank is founded in Hamburg.
- February 27 – The "circle of the sun" flag of Japan is adopted as the national flag for Japanese merchant ships by proclamation of the Daijo-kan.
- February 28 – The Bulgarian Exarchate is established by decree of Sultan Abdülaziz of the Ottoman Empire.
- March 1 – Marshal Francisco Solano López's last troops are cornered by those of the Triple Alliance at the Battle of Cerro Corá. López refuses to surrender and is killed. Fighting ends in Paraguay – the Paraguayan War is over.
- March 4 – Thomas Scott is executed by Louis Riel's provisional government during the Red River Rebellion in modern-day Manitoba, Canada.
- March 5 – First ever international Association football match, England v Scotland, takes place under the auspices of the Football Association at The Oval, London.
- March 10 – The Deutsche Bank is founded in Berlin.
- March 19 – The Ohio Legislature passes the Cannon Act, thereby establishing the Ohio Agriculture and Mechanical College, later Ohio State University.
- March 24 – Syracuse University is established and officially opens.
- March 30
- March 31 – Thomas Mundy Peterson is the first African-American to vote in an election.
1870 – מילון גרמני-גרמני
Politik und Weltgeschehen
Deutsch-Französischer Krieg und Deutsche Reichseinigung
SMTP Service Extension for Message Size Declaration. J. Klensin, N. Freed, K. Moore. November 1995. ( Ersetzt folgendes RFC :RFC 1653
) (Also STD0011)
RFC online lesen